What is the pollen count in Doncaster today?
Pop in your postcode to find out the pollen count in Doncaster today. With Your Pollen Pal, you can see which areas of the city might set
your hay fever symptoms off as well as find the best hay fever friendly activities in the city.
Pollen forecast for Doncaster
Planning on getting out and about in Doncaster over the next few days? Keep track of the pollen count in Doncaster, then you can make sure your hay fever allergy doesn’t spoil the fun. Monitoring the pollen levels in Doncaster can help you decide whether to visit the Yorkshire Wildlife Park, or head to an indoor attraction like the South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum instead.
Pollen hotspots in Doncaster
As with all the best UK cities, Doncaster has lots of green spaces. Some, including Sandall Park, are rated among the top in the country. This makes for lots of adventures in the great outdoors, but it can mean pollen levels in Doncaster can rise in the spring and summer months.
From March into May, tree pollen is the most prevalent
type to cause hay fever. Trees such as cypress and particularly birch will make the count high from March. Then from May into the summer, grass and weed pollen levels will add to the mix from June.
A high pollen count in Doncaster can bring about annoying
allergy symptoms – but it doesn’t have to spoil your fun. Just be aware of some of these pollen hotspots in Doncaster if you get hay fever:
- Sandall Park – located in Wheatley, Sandall is one of the largest parks in Doncaster. Among the gorgeous scenery you’ll find a large lake, a pond, wildflowers and lots of woodland and wildlife areas.
- Potteric Carr Nature Reserve – this oasis is part of the fenland that once stretched from the Humber basin to the coast. It boasts a range of habitats from woodland trails to reedbeds.
- Yorkshire Wildlife Park – a popular walkthrough wildlife adventure, where you can get up close and personal with all kinds of animals. Even polar bears have been tested for pollen allergies here!
Hayfever friendly activities in Doncaster
If you’re looking for things to do where the pollen levels are low in Doncaster, here are some recommendations:
- South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum – based on the old RAF Doncaster site, this museum features an impressive selection of aircraft and helicopters, from the earliest types to the latest. Whether the pollen count is high or the weather poor, there’s plenty to see and do indoors as well as outdoors.
- Doncaster Dome – there’s so much to do in the Dome, you’ll struggle to fit it all in one day. There’s the seven-pool waterworld, ice-skating, gigs from the hottest bands and restaurants aplenty.
- Danum Gallery – culture vultures will get a lot out of this state-of-the-art facility, including libraries for adults and children, an art gallery and a museum featuring a 1960s Doncaster living room.
- Cast Theatre – from jazz to comedy, gigs to pantos, Doncaster’s hip theatre hosts all kinds of events to keep people entertained, and away from pesky pollen.
Kimberly-Clark are not affiliated with any of the places or activities recommended on this site.