What is the pollen count in Aberdeen today?
Enter your postcode above to see the pollen count in Aberdeen today. Your Pollen Pal helps you check specific areas of the city that are likely to trigger your
hay fever symptoms. Don’t let allergies ruin your day!
Pollen Forecast for Aberdeen
Use Your Pollen Pal to check the pollen count levels in Aberdeen over the next few days. If you’re planning a trip to the city, or you’re already a local, you shouldn’t let hay fever ruin your days out. Double-check the pollen count in Aberdeen before you head over to Duthie Park, or choose to stick to shopping at Union Square.
Pollen Hotspots in Aberdeen
Just like any other city, areas of green space and parks can be a hotbed for high pollen count in Aberdeen. These areas can be a little tricky if you’re looking to avoid hay fever triggers, especially with their high populations of various
types of pollen. To help you out, we’ve pulled together some of the hay fever hotspots in Aberdeen:
- Union Terrace Gardens – A central green space in the heart of the city containing stunning flowers beds and trees. Check the pollen count before you head out so you can enjoy this beautiful spot without the snuffles!
- Seaton Park – Located next to the University of Aberdeen in the heart of the city, this gorgeous green space can be a high pollen count area with plenty of flowers, grass and trees around.
- Victoria Park – Although easy on the eye, you’ll need to watch out for the plethora of trees, shrubs and flowers for high pollen concentrations. It is a perfect spot for some
outdoor exercise during off-peak pollen times.
- Duthie Park – You might encounter a high concentration of pollen in the iconic park. It features a pond, greenhouse, and beautiful Japanese garden to explore, as well as a variety of different trees and plants.
Hay fever-friendly activities in Aberdeen
There are plenty of things to do in Aberdeen without worrying about pollen. From unique shops and museums to delicious eateries, we’ve listed a few of the top spots to help you avoid a case of the serious sniffles and be kind to your
Some of these include:
- Going shopping. Visit Union Square, Trinity Centre, Bon Accord and St Nicholas’ Centre for a day of shopping, eating and watching the latest movies at the cinema.
- Aberdeen Beach. Pollen by the sea is rare due to the ocean’s cool off-shore breeze, so it’s a perfect place to enjoy nice clean air without
worrying about your hay fever.
- Cadona’s Amusement Park. Enjoy an exhilarating, adrenaline-fuelled adventure on rides and amusements. Cadona’s is sure to keep you entertained in a fairly pollen-free seaside setting.
- The Aberdeen Science Centre. Also referred to as Satrosphere, this is a scientific haven for you to enjoy. Experience immersive and interactive exhibits – a perfect day out for all the family.
- Gordon Highlanders Museum. A fascinating collection of the area’s military history. This incredible site is Visit Scotland’s only 5-star museum. It tells the story of the ‘first regiment in the world’ – which spans over 200 years!
- His Majesty’s Theatre. Enjoy a whole host of shows here, from musicals to rip-roaring comedy shows. The impressive central theatre first opened in 1906, and is beautiful to look at – let alone visit for an hour or two.
Kimberly-Clark are not affiliated with any of the places or activities recommended on this site.